Welcome

from Jacqui and me to this record of our experiences as new beekeepers in The Marches.





Search This Blog

Sunday 2 December 2012

Apis M Dude

Greetings Reader (if any)!
He calls himself a "keeper", well if this blog is anything to go by he needs to pull his socks up. Any bee could see that it has been sorely neglected. Time for me to take over.
So who bee me?  My name is Apis M. Dude. I am the proud spirit of a deceased drone honeybee of the family Mellifera. Along with all my brothers I was outrageously evicted from the hive in September and suffered death from starvation and cold. I was heading obediently for Eternity when I accidentally collided with a data transmission. The collision was so violent that I fused with the data stream and subsequently discovered to my delight that I now have the power to manipulate my former keeper's virtual world.

There are more than fifty thousand of Apis Ms in my old colony alone, so just call me Dude.

Born early in April 2012 I was healthy and fortunate not to have had to share my birth cell with one of those beastly Varroa mites. Life was great during the spring and summer. We were well cared for and fed by the worker ladies though they were constantly buzzing on about how much we drones were eating so leaving very little for winter stores. At the time we weren't interested in their worries. Had we twigged their ultimate intention to chuck us out before winter we would have cared even less! Here are a couple of pictures of one of my personal carers foraging on Sedum - looks cute doesn't she? Little did I realise that she was to be my Nemesis. Yes it was she who kept biting me and with her confederates pulled and pushed me out of the colony for the last time - she's as hard as nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment